Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's that time again

It's time to make a grocery list. That would not seem to be an overwhelming task, but I don't like to plan. Ever. My son Peyton loves planning. In fact, he woke me up once by dropping his handwritten hour-by-hour itinerary on my face. He's six. This is also the child who needed to clean his kindergarten classroom and straighten name tags on his desk so that he could concentrate on what was being taught. Born out of the desire to work smarter and not harder, I have decided to make a feature on my blog called "Whatcha Got Cookin?"

Every once in awhile, I'll see something my friend is doing, and it will blow my mind. My friend Jennifer did that yesterday.
This is a picture of her fruit kabobs that blew my mind.



This also reminded me of some yummy veggie kabobs I had at Allaso Ranch in Hawkins, Texas. They had red onion, cherry tomatoes, and potatoes. They were grilled and served with fresh green beans and a more meaty kabob. See, it just takes a
little thing like that to get the grocery list started.

I kind of re-invented a chalupa last week, too. Check this out...



This was easy. You take a tablespoon of vegetable oil and warm it in a pan. throw in the tortillas and brown them on both sides. The oil should get warm enough that the tortilla will puff. As long as it's browned, you're good. Paper towels will soak up the extra grease like it's bacon.

After you cook the tortillas, then put em on a cookie sheet, spread black refried beans on it, sprinkle mexican cheese. Warm them in the oven at 350 until the cheese is melted. Pull them out and add lettuce, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, and hot sauce. YUMMY!

Wanna join me in Whatcha Got Cookin? Click on the blue link below that says, "Click here to enter". When other people join me, their links will be listed below with their Whatcha Got Cooking post. If I have 7 blog friends join me, you'll have a menu for the week just by visiting my blog =D. Crossing my fingers for major participation! It will drive traffic to your own blog, so you may as well join me!

=D
Beja

No comments:

Post a Comment